RMEC’s Sample Notice of Intent (NOI)
to Homeschool in Colorado
Colorado requires that you file an Notice of Intent (NOI) to homeschool once every year. The NOI is sometimes called a Letter of Intent (LOI). There is no actual ‘official form’ to fill out; you just write/type this info on a piece of paper.
For details of when, where and how to file this form, see the RMEC’s Colorado Homeschool Law in a Nutshell page.
If you’d prefer not to have to fill out an NOI, or wait 14 days to begin homeschooling, check out the RMEC’s Umbrella Schools page.
You’re legally required to include these pieces of information in your NOI/LOI form. If you’re homeschooling more than one child, I’d fill out a separate one for each child. ALWAYS keep copies for your own files.
* Your child’s first and last name
* The child’s age (NOT grade level)
* Home/primary address
* The date you will begin homeschooling (14 calendar days from today)
* The number of hours your child will be homeschooling this year
* Where you will submit your child’s standardized test or evaluation results (this only applies if this is a testing or evaluation year)
* Today’s date
* Signature of the primary home school parent(s) or guardian(s)
NOTE: DO NOT include additional information. This is ALL the law requires you to share with the state.